Monday, September 15, 2008

Chps 1, 2, 7

I thought Chps 1, and 2 were dry reading. My impressions were that there is more to curriculum planning and material-does one need a degree to do all that work? If so, whew! Now I'm grateful for the people who put all our curriculum together for the district. Now I understand what my principal has gone through as he and a few others made changes in our writing curriculum last year. It's still in the works, and since it's not quite 100% done, it's been painful making lesson plans for my writing class.
Chp 7 is nothing new to me. In fact, majority of it described me-as one who has been here a long time. I've learned to work with Kassaq teachers from all walks of life who either have been ideal or the opposite. Chp 7 may be ideal but it can be real too-depending on the personalities of the teachers. There have been some who were "team players" and they were a joy to work with-and those who have all the answers already and don't need no help from nobody! They feel the rules don't apply to them either!

Anyway, chp 7 is idealistic, that can be achieved provided the "right" people are there.

Anna

No comments: