Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chapter 5

I found chapter 5 very dry, boring reading. True, I learned some about the rationale why curriculum are developed. But I get turned off when "objectives", "aims", "goals" are mentioned because I tend to associate them with lesson planning. I'd rather use my time to develop lessons for my students rather than to spend too much trying to find the right verb with the right objective. I find that too time consuming. In addition, I don't pay much attention to the objectives anyway when I'm teaching.

"Nonlanguage outcomes" is new to me. I immediately thought it meant using gestures and such, but apparently, it's not. My thinking is that this has more merit than writing aims and objectives. This seems more along the line of higher order level thinking, or critical thinking.

Anna

No comments: