Monday, October 20, 2008

Chp 9

Even if the chapter was on curriculum evaluation, the information was very much like assessing programs. The questions and issues were very familiar to me too, because I do deal with them on a daily basis but on a smaller scale. In any classes I teach, I am constantly aware as to how I should make better or change the way I do things. Interestingly though, my focus tends to be more on students' learning-are they comprehending the information? are they getting anything out of the lesson? is it relevant, irrelevant? I'd like to know more about "illuminative evaluation". That's a new one for me. The methodology implemented for evaluating curriculum was great! I needed a quick review as I am doing my research-I liked the "advantages" and "disadvantages" included in the explanations. Curriculum evaluation- some of our carnegie curriculum need some serious revision like Personal Life Skills-it should be more relevant to our context rather than outside's ideaology. As I've been involved in the SLATE program, I am finding myself being aware of what I teach, topic-wise. Relevancy, relevancy, relevancy.

No comments: